Next week is National Storytelling Week and if you haven’t come across it already, you will soon hear that brand storytelling is set to be a key theme for 2017.
National Storytelling week itself is all about promoting storytelling, the very first way of communicating life experiences and the creative imagination. As the Society for Storytelling says, “everyone has at least one story to tell. It exists in the very air around you – Your story is the one you know best”.
Once upon a time …
Brand storytelling is all about telling the story of your brand. This could be the story behind how your brand came to be. It could be the story of how your products are made. It could be the story of how your brand will make a difference in the future. It could be the story of you. Brand stories such as this add personality to your brand. They help consumers get to know your brand that little bit better, and build a deeper relationship with you.
Many consumers do want to know about provenance and why and how your products, company or service began. They are interested to know about your policies and how you see your brand’s impact on the world. In something of a backlash against high profile stories of dishonesty from both companies and politicians, they want you to be honest and the more honest you can be, the deeper relationships you will build.
Share your story to stand out from the crowd
In a world where consumers have so much choice, telling your brand story can help you demonstrate what makes your brand unique. It can be a powerful marketing tool to help you raise awareness of your products and carve out a sustainable niche for your business.
You can deliver your story in a number of ways:
- You can write your story on your website and printed marketing materials.
- You can engage your customers through a video of you telling the story of your brand.
- You can Facebook Live it and host it on YouTube.
- Better still, you could create a series of videos telling the different stories of the people and products in your business to help others get to know them.
- You could link to the videos through your social media channels and encourage others to share their stories.
- You could reach out to journalists and relevant publications with your story to see if it could strike a chord with their audience and deliver third party endorsement for your brand.
All of these tactics can help you tell your brand story and increase brand engagement with your audience.
Our team of marketing and PR experts are on hand to help you craft and communicate your brand story as well other aspects of growing your business. We love to take on the tasks you don’t have time to do, don’t have the skills to do, or simply don’t want to do.
Please get in touch on 01483 332220 or email us at [email protected] to find out more about our nationwide virtual assistant service. We pride ourselves on being the staff you don’t see, but the difference you do.