PR can be one of the most effective marketing tools for your business – helping to spread awareness of your company and providing third party endorsement that your product or service really does work.
As a business owner it can be easy to get bogged down in the day to day running of your business and feel bereft of PR ideas. You know you want to be talking about your business, but about what?
Here are 5 suggestions for PR stories in your business:
- New products or services – are you about to launch anything new, or have you done recently?
- New client wins – this can be an interesting demonstration of your services. Think about why you think you won the business or what you did to win it – what makes it different or interesting?
- New staff or new premises – if you have recently taken on new staff or moved into new premises it can be a great positive news story demonstrating your investment in the local economy, as well as the continued success of your business.
- Anniversaries or milestones – numbers often add weight to claims so celebrating your 5th year in business, your 100th client win or your 1,000th product produced may all be newsworthy.
- Awards - if you have recently won any awards then don’t forget to shout about it to your local and industry press. Even if you have been selected as a finalist or just nominated it can still be a feel good news story for your local business paper or magazine – as well as helping fuel your social media presence.
Whatever you decide to write about always ensure that it is interesting and useful to your audience.
If you’re still not quite sure where to start with PR then our experienced VAs are here to help. We can deliver an entire PR service, from writing a PR strategy through to drafting press releases, issuing them to relevant press and forwarding coverage through to you.
Please get in touch on 01483 332220 or email us at email@example.com. We pride ourselves on being the staff you don’t see, but the difference you do.