Social media is one of the most powerful business tools at your disposal. Posting on Facebook, Twitter and other platforms gives you the chance to promote what you do and engage with customers, but coming up with regular content can be difficult (not to mention time-consuming).
To help you get started, we’ve put together some tips to keep your social media posts coming thick and fast:
- Make a plan - Like most things, social media works best when there’s a plan behind it. Sit down and make a list of the different topics, events or competitions that you want to promote over the next six months and what photos or links you need to include in your posts.
- Get scheduling – As much as social media needs live content, you can use software packages such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite to schedule posts so you always have a constant stream of news. This is particularly useful if you want content going out over the evenings and weekends and don’t want to be posting online.
- Blog regularly – If your website has a blog, link your social media content back to the blog posts that you’ve written. The life-span of a tweet is only 6 minutes long so don’t worry about linking back to the same post regularly.
- It’s nice to share – Keep an eye on what everyone else is doing and if you see anything you like, share or re-tweet it. Engaging with others will encourage them to do the same and share your content with other people.
- Give instructions – When you’re writing content, remember to include regular calls to action such as ‘Email email@example.com for social media support’ or ‘Not got time to manage your social media? Call Get Ahead VA on 01483 332220.’
If you would like to learn more tips of the trade or discuss anything about Social Media do give us a call, we’d love to help 01483 332220 or email Rebecca@getaheadva.com