As the weather gets cold and wet our food thoughts turn to Sunday roasts and apple crumble. Cosy afternoons with crumpets and cake in front of the fire. But with a Christmas party dress to fit into in a couple of months’ time, now might not be the right time to overindulge.
It can be all too tempting to tuck into biscuits and cake during the day, particularly when you are working from home. But we all know these types of snacks can give you a quick sugar high, but not the sustained energy release you need to keep your brain buzzing right through the day.
Here are our top 5 snacks to keep you firing on all cylinders, whether working from home or in the office:
- Fruit – yes it’s an obvious choice, but fruit contains natural sugar as well as other great vitamins and minerals so it can satisfy your sugar craving, as well as delivering added benefits. Cheap, tasty and nutritious, bananas are a great choice, packed full of fibre and potassium.
- Nuts – a handful of nuts a day can satisfy your appetite as well as provide protein which can break down into amino acids. These amino acids can affect your mood and energy so time to get munching and crunching.
- Water – keeping hydrated is vital to ensuring our body and brain function at their best so keep your glass topped up if you can. Your body simply doesn’t work as well without it.
- Seeds - A handful of pumpkin and sunflower seeds are great to nibble on. Alongside containing high quantities of essential fatty acids, they release energy slowly, helping to keep your blood sugars stable and keep you fuller for longer.
- Popcorn – still a sweet treat, but at much lower calorie option as long as you choose healthier, air popped popcorn. You can graze on a cup full for as little as 30 calories and it’s also high in fibre when compared to other snacks like crisps.
If you feel you are still drowning at work however healthy your snacks are then hiring one of our virtual assistants might be just the right next step for your business.
Our team of highly experienced VAs take on the tasks you don’t have time to do, don’t have the skills to do or simply don’t want to do.
Please get in touch on 01483 332220 or email us at email@example.com to find out how we can help. We pride ourselves on being the staff you don’t see, but the difference you do.