With more and more purchases being made online having an internet marketing strategy is key, and Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising may be an important part of this strategy. Of course, your website itself should be the hub of your internet marketing – providing an effective presence for your business online which is optimised to maximise your natural search listings. However PPC advertising can be a useful addition to drive awareness of your services and bring customers to your website.
Here are some of our top tips for creating an effective PPC campaign:
- Start with keyword research – think about all the search terms that someone might use to find your business. Consider generic terms, as well as quite specific ones - from ‘giving up smoking’ through to ‘hypnotherapists based in Basingstoke’
- Pinpoint your target – use geographic limitations, as well as negative keywords for what you want to avoid being found for. You don’t want to appear for searches from the US if you only provide your service in the UK
- Choose relevant Landing Pages – which may not always be your home page. If your advertising creative highlights a special offer ensure the landing page shows how they can take advantage of the deal
- Track conversions – add conversion tracking codes so you can monitor the effect of your advertising and use the information to optimise your activities
- Test & evaluate – find out what works for you and your business. Try different search terms, landing pages, advertising creative – all can impact on your success rate. Use the flexibility of PPC to your advantage, experimenting with different options to ensure you get maximum return on your investment
If you need help with PPC or any other aspect of internet marketing please give us a call on 01483 332220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how our expert VAs can help.