Is Linkedin a core part of your 2017 marketing strategy? If not, perhaps it should be. Linkedin is the leading social media platform for business to business (B2B) professionals. It is the world’s largest professional network with over 400 million+ members. It could be a highly effective marketing tool for your business.
If you are keen to maximise the opportunity of Linkedin this year, here are our 5 steps to success:
- Set your objectives. What are you trying to achieve on LinkedIn? Is it to attract new customers? Or build relationships with existing customers? Is it to help increase repeat purchases? Or drive website views? Setting your objectives is the place to start to ensure your tactics are aligned to achieving the right results.
- Connect with your keywords. The other key building block for your LinkedIn strategy is your keywords. “Keywords are the words or phrases that people would use to find someone like you or your company’s services.” What would your prospective customers type in a search box – either on Google or Linkedin? What do you want to be known for? What do your competitors come up in searches for? Investigate all of these aspects and come up with a list of 10-15 keywords and phrases that you should embed in your profile, your posts and all of your engagement on LinkedIn.
- Perfect your profile. Your profile is the starting point at which viewers make assumptions about you. It is the bedrock of your LinkedIn activity. There is no point in publishing engaging and insightful updates from an out of date profile. So ensure your profile image is appropriately professional and welcoming. Craft an engaging, relevant headline that features the correct keywords. Provide full and detailed information to your current role and how you can help prospective clients. Review and reduce the amount of history on your profile, highlighting your skills in the most relevant and persuasive way. Give recommendations and endorsements in the hope that others will return the favour. Don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations from happy customers who may just need an extra prompt to add a glowing comment to your profile. Think of your profile as your online CV or your online sales brochure, showcasing the very best of you and your business.
- Engage with your audience. Use any and every means available to you. Join relevant Groups and engage in relevant discussions, sharing your expert point in view. Consider asking for help – this can be an excellent way of gaining new contacts as well as useful information. Make new connections to increase your network. Use direct messages or InMails where appropriate to build personal relationships. Publish regular updates and/or blog posts, on your personal as well as your Company page if you have one. Share content which is relevant to your audience and engender discussion where you can. Ensure each post contributes something towards your objectives and features your keywords, so that each piece of activity reinforces another to maximise your success.
- Review and repeat. As with all strategies it is vital to review what you have done. Repeat what has worked, and optimise what hasn’t. Look at which posts attracted the most engagement and do more of them. Consider why lower engagement posts were not so successful and what you can do to improve them. Use ‘Help’ sections and the Linkedin online learning courses to improve your skills further in key areas that may require attention. Keep trying new ideas and optimising your approach.
We love to take on the tasks you don’t have time to do, don’t have the skills to do, or simply don’t want to do.
Please get in touch on 01483 332220 or email us at [email protected] to find out more about our nationwide virtual assistant service. We pride ourselves on being the staff you don’t see, but the difference you do.