Learn more about the Get Ahead assistants and their wide range of skills and experiences.
Angela manages our Social Media clients and has a strong background in account management.
- If you won the lottery: I would pay off the mortgage and take my family on a round the world trip of a lifetime
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead VA: The lovely people and variety of work. No day is ever the same!
Before having a family Angela worked for various small businesses running their accounts departments. She is very capable and has always been the one to take up new challenges.
Angela runs the accounts for a number of clients and really loves the world of Social Media. She manages to combine her two passions and loves her role as a Virtual Assistant.
Caroline is a highly experienced marketing professional who has worked with a range of FMCG brands including Food, Beverage, Skincare and Nursery products.
- Favourite cocktail: Long Island Iced Tea
- Best thing about working at Get Ahead VA: Working with such varied clients and meeting so many interesting people.
Caroline is a skilled project manager and was selected as a Finalist for the prestigious Marketing Society ‘Young Marketer of the Year’ Awards for one of those successful new product launches.
Familiar with the entire marketing mix Caroline can be found running PR campaigns, social media accounts, negotiating advertising rates, writing sales presentations and researching new business opportunities for clients.
Caroline loves getting to know new brands and products, understanding what makes them special and how to communicate that to new and existing customers in order to deliver growth for every business. Her strong organisational skills and practical, commercial approach means projects are always delivered on time and on budget.
Kathy is a self-motivated, highly committed PA with excellent inter-personal skills and 25 years experience.
- Best gig you’ve been to: Bruce Springsteen back in 1988!
- Best thing about working at Get Ahead VA: Has to be the flexibility. Being able to fit the work in around the rest of my busy life.
Kathy has worked in retail and wholesale for several blue chip companies such as Superdrug Stores and Alliance Healthcare buying FMCG products.
Kathy is highly computer literate within the MS Office suite and has exceptional administration skills.
She is extremely organised with a high attention to detail, is used to working to tight deadlines and to budget and she is highly numerate with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
Jane is a talented Executive Assistant with over 15 years experience.
- Favourite Pastime: Waking up early on a spring morning and going for a long run, freshens my mind and makes me feel energized for the rest of the day.
- Best thing about working at Get Ahead VA: I’m the kind of woman who analyses every scenario, weighs pros and cons, and researches each option before jumping into something, sometimes you have to just jump! And that’s what Get Ahead VA has allowed me to do, given me variety and independence on a daily basis and allow flexibility into my life.
An Executive Assistant with over 15 years’ experience, providing support to board- level Directors in London. Jane prides herself in being consistent with meeting deadlines. She possesses a proactive and tenacious approach to tasks and challenges and is able to demonstrate initiative and organisation throughout, providing first class, ‘true right hand’ support.
Jane’s confidence in multi tasking makes sure the job gets done in speedy time. She is highly proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Outside of office hours Jane is an exercise junky as well as a mum to her son James.
Kate has worked as a graphic designer for over 15 years, predominantly in the publishing sector on teen and chidrens magazines where she has undertaken the full design and layout of over 20 titles including cover, polybag and design of the free gift.
- Which famous person do you resemble? I’ve never been told I look like anyone famous but my husband says I look like a cabbage patch doll with my big cheeks and dimples!
- Best thing about working at Get Ahead VA: It allows me to work around my two daughters and it’s great working with like minded people. I’m passionate about helping SMEs maintain high standards through design.
Kate has worked as a graphic designer for over 15 years, predominantly in the publishing sector on teen and chidren’s magazines where she has undertaken the full design and layout of over 20 titles including cover, polybag and design of the free gift.
She also has extensive experience working on business branding, logo design, brochures, leaflets, exhibition & promotional material. She is fluent in indesign, illustrator and photoshop and has excellent all round knowledge of print processes and solutions. She also designs wedding stationery with Rebecca having been her very first commission!
Kate has a strong understanding of the importance of branding, marketing and advertising and is capable of applying herself to a range of different design styles.
If you need something designed then Kate is your girl!
Jayne has a proven track record in Business Development and Account Management.
- Best gift you have ever received: A trip to New York – lots of fun and great memories… and silver bangles engraved with my children’s birth years!
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead VA: The variety of projects and the flexibility to combine work and life with a young family!
Jayne has a proven track record in Business Development and Account Management together with extensive experience in event planning and organisation – an area which she particularly enjoys!
The majority of her career to date has been spent working within healthcare, however in recent years she has undertaken a number of freelance projects covering a variety of industries due to her transferable skills and flexible approach to work.
Jayne is adaptable, self motivated and reliable
Sanina is a former journalist with 18 years’ experience that spans journalism, corporate communications, PR and copywriting
- Work ethic: Ever the eternal perfectionist, Sanina approaches every project with nothing but her usual 100% effort. She’s driven by producing content that engages readers and PR that generates positive coverage.
- Hidden talent: In her spare time, you’ll find Sanina (AKA TheMosaicQueen) making handmade mosaics as gifts and, well, just for general fun!
Sanina is a highly experienced copywriter and PR professional with almost two decades’ experience under her belt.
From SEO copywriting, blogs, white papers, websites and media releases, to infographics, eshots, guides, leaflets, newsletters, brochures, and more, her aim is to produce benefit-led content that delivers the best possible results – every time.
Sanina has been writing since the age of 17, when she first started out as a trainee reporter at her local newspaper. Eighteen years later, she’s still writing. Over the years she’s worked with a wide range of businesses across a variety of sectors to help generate widespread awareness and effectively communicate their messages through content and PR.
During her time as a Senior PR Manager, Sanina managed the regional and national PR for numerous high profile B2C and B2B accounts, including Harvester, Papa John’s Pizza, PwC and Arriva Buses.
Carrie is a Get Ahead partner and runs Get Ahead Reading
Carrie is a Marketing and Branding specialist with experience working in the retail, digital, B2B, IT and healthcare sectors to name but a few.
Carrie’s particular passion is in brand development and digital marketing. She has worked with a variety of clients on projects such as websites, search engine optimisation, social media, email marketing and event management.
Carrie also has a passion for design and enjoys creating infographics, business cards, presentations and emails to compliment the clients brand identity and increase brand awareness.
Keryn is a professional and experienced Personal Assistant with fantastic inter-personal skills and a creative edge to her work.
- Favourite things in life: Photography is my passion; my camera is never far from my side. I love travel and have been lucky enough to work abroad in America and Ireland – life is too short to be in one place. I love spending time with my family and my gorgeous son Zak.
- Working for Get Ahead: I am excited to be part of this creative team; meeting new clients and adding to the incredible success that Get Ahead has already established.
Keryn is enthusiastic, conscientious and takes pride in the precision of high standards throughout her work. She has a bubbly personality, is very approachable and loves meeting and learning about others.
Keryn’s background is in Human Resources and Staff Training where she ran many recruitment events for a national well- loved department store. Her last position was as an Executive PA to the Regional Director for a prestigious international hotel group.
Tracey has worked in finance for 10 years, providing bookkeeping and payroll services to a large assortment of SMEs, from sole traders to multinationals.
- Best childhood memory: Packing up to go camping for a week in the school holidays.
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead VA: The variety of work and opportunity I get to meet lots of new and interesting people.
Tracey has worked in finance for 10 years, providing bookkeeping and payroll services to a large assortment of SMEs, from sole traders to multinationals. She qualified as a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants in 2010 and is currently working towards the Chartered Tax Adviser qualification offered by The Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Tracey’s talent lies in bridging the gap between business owners and their accountant. Having previously spent three years in the role of financial controller for a small publishing company, she is well aware of the burden small businesses face in managing their finances. She is passionate about helping business owners and will go the extra mile to see a job well done.
Charlotte’s background is in the public and charity sectors where she worked as a PA and administrator for seven years.
- Rather be a child or grown up: I’d rather be a grown-up because I still get to be a child as well! It’s the perfect balance of wisdom and finger-painting.
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead VA: I get to be part of a really professional team and we all reflect well on each other.
Charlotte’s background is in the public and charity sectors where she worked as a PA and administrator for seven years.
After finding herself drafting documents, subediting and proof reading in the course of her work, she started writing for fun four years ago while on her baby break. She has experience of writing press releases, advertorials and feature articles but is now established as a blogger.
Charlotte’s writing is always clear and pertinent. She uses it to make a company stand out by highlighting its exceptional strengths – no two companies do exactly the same thing! She loves tinkering with words, turning negatives into positives and jargon into English, ultimately creating blogs that people want to read.
Alan heads up our telephone answering team in Glasgow.
Debra is a professional and highly efficient Personal Assistant with 7 years of Executive level experience.
- Favourite end to the week: Cooking a lovely dinner for the family and then sitting down to watch a film with hubby after little one’s in bed… after GoggleBox of course!
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead: I love being my own boss, working on a variety of different and exciting projects. It’s also great to be a part of such an amazing and creative team.
Debra is a competent, conscientious and reliable worker, who is very organized and good at working to a deadline. She has a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow. Debra can offer huge support for your business and helping take those everyday tasks off your list, freeing up your time and working hard to help your business thrive. She has an unmeasurable understanding of businesses that are Start Up’s through to established companies, having supported serial Entrepreneurs create their dream.
Debra is highly computer literate with good knowledge and experience MS Office skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
When she’s not working for Get Ahead she’s a loving wife, Mum to a beautiful daughter and loves going for long walks with pet dog Ziggy.
Melanie is a VA who loves all aspects of working with clients to make their business more successful.
- Best moment: Seeing my childrens faces when we surprised them with a trip to Lapland at Christmas a few years ago – priceless!
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead: Being involved in clients’ businesses and that feeling of really making a difference – also working with the other VAs to share experiences and learn.
Melanie has many years’ experience in client facing roles in customer service and admin management gained across several industries.
Most recently she has spent 9 years working as a VA in training, consultancy, recruitment and not for profit sectors.
Melanie loves all aspects of VA work and is very happy taking responsibilty for projects. She particularly enjoys working with clients directly to ensure they have a top class experience and also loves working on marketing campaigns including via social media.
Melanie has a passion for personal development and wellbeing and in spare moments can often be found with her head in a book reading about one of these topics!
Jenny is a Marketing & Social Media specialist with over 11 years experience.
Dream holiday: Disney World. I am a big kid at heart, and adore theme parks with all the rides, sugary snacks and bright colours. I have a 5 year old son and as soon as he is old enough to appreciate it, I will be using him as an excuse to go!
- Best thing about working at Get Ahead VA: Being part of a team of people who are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and welcoming! The flexibility for me as a working mum is a breath of fresh air – being able to do what I love from home and still be able to do the school pick up is amazing.
Jenny has spent the last 11 years gaining experience & qualifications in a wide variety of marketing roles – including social media, graphic design, catalogue production, copywriting and event planning.
Always on the lookout for new skills to learn or software to investigate, Jenny is constantly keeping on top of all the changes in social media so that she can pass this knowledge on to her clients. She is always ready to advise on new strategies to get the most out of social media, and is always ready to try out new ideas.
Ian has worked in web design and email marketing for nearly 20 years
- Favourite food: Pizza – buy me a pizza and I’ll do [almost] anything
- Best thing about working for Get Ahead VA: I love the flexibility, being able to work remote means I can juggle family and work life easier than I could in a 9-5 desk job.
Back in the 90’s when Ian left school he initially trained as an electrician but soon found a passion for design & development – so went out and taught himself how to code in HTML. Being a new trend not many businesses had a website so Ian decided to offer his skills to his employer and they soon added them to their list of services. Ian was then approached by News International to work on their email marketing campaign designs and from there he learnt his trade as an email marketing specialist.
Nearly 20 years on Ian still enjoys coding and designing websites as well as planning and executing email marketing campaigns and has worked with some big brands over the years.
In his spare time Ian manages a local football team as well as coaching his son’s side. He loves being able to help others wherever he can.